As the leading international Sport for All organisation, TAFISA is in the privileged position to bring joy, health, social interaction, integration and development to communities and citizens around the globe through the promotion of Sport for All and physical activity.
TAFISA-JAPAN was established in 1992 by four affiliated organisations aiming to cooperate with TAFISA and promote Sport for All in Japan.
https://www.japan-sports.or.jp/ (Japanese page)
The Japan Sport Association is committed to realising an ideal society in which sport is equally accessible to all.
- Event section: Holding National Sports Festival, Sports Masters Japan, international exchange, and talent identification and development events.
- Club and Area section: Promoting junior sport clubs and comprehensive community sport clubs.
- Soft-infrastructure section: Developing sport coaches and Researching sport sciences.
http://www.health-net.or.jp/ (Japanese page)
For the Realisation of a Society of Health, Happiness and Longevity.
- Health Promotion through various mediums.
- Training of Health fitness programmer and Health fitness instructor.
- Research and study on fitness, physical activity and health promotion.
Realisation of Sport for Everyone Society.
- Research and surveys on sports policies.
- Provides grants for researchers specialised in sports.
- Collaboration with national/local governments (Promotion of World Challenge Day).
https://recreation.or.jp/ (Japanese page)
Realisation of Everyone’s Health and Bolstering Bonds of Community.
- Leadership training of Recreation instructor Recreation coordinator, Social welfare and Recreation worker.
- National recreation meeting.
- Organising local sports and recreation organisations.
TAFISA World Congresses are held every 2 years and bring together Sport for All organisations and everyone taking part in physical activities, from around the globe.
Japan hosted the TAFISA World Congress in 1993 in Chiba. 2019 will be the second TAFISA World Congress in Japan.
Tokyo Metropolitan Government