Researching the current trends of sports policies in various countries will lead to the formulation of better sports policies. This overview chart, which was originally made by the SSF at the request of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), was first made in 2011. The SSF has continued the research since then and has updated the chart several times over a decade.
The 2023 list is available here.
- To gain a better understanding of the structure of sports promotion in each country by researching.
- To be able to compare the current situation globally.
- To gain insights from the sports promotion structures of other countries that can be utilized in Japan.
C) Research Items for the 2023 List
- Sports Participation
- Governmental Authority
- Acts on Sports
- Sports Basic Plan
- National Sporting Budget
- Sports Promotion Budget (Lottery, Donations etc.)
- Major Sports Institutions
- Sport Facilities
- Sports Instructor Certification Program
D) Way Forward
Conducting a series of research and surveys to generate evidence to promote Sport for All, and to realize a Sport for Everyone society is fundamental for the SSF as a thinktank. The SSF is looking forward to discovering new and innovative concepts and projects from around the globe.